Sunday, December 18, 2016

2017 BBM Sumo Wrestling Set

 A few days ago, BBM announced their 2017 annual wrestling set that is due to come out in the middle of January.  There will be 90 base cards in the set, 20 of which will be subsets to the regular 70 standard wrestling cards.  There is also expected to be between 9-12 signed inserts that will be randomly inserted in packs.  Each box will contain 24 packs with 5 cards per pack.  Retail is ¥7200 which is a great deal now that the exchange rate is so high compared to the American dollar.  Here are some pictures of the expected signed cards.








I'm sure the March 2017 edition of the Sports Card Magazine (SCM) will be highlighting the entire set with more pictures.  Stay tuned for more info.

3 comments:

  1. I love seeing Japanese signatures. If you bust any boxes, I hope you end up pulling an autograph.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are pretty neat, but some are definitely sloppy. I keep thinking my collecting of the vintage stuff will slow down so I can focus on the modern sets. This might be the year.

      Delete
  2. I have two sumo boxes coming over from Japan as we speak. Stay tuned for an upcoming blog post for one of the box openings.

    ReplyDelete