Wednesday, March 20, 2019

2018 Japanese BBM Akatsuki Five Basketball Cards

This past weekend, FIBA drew the brackets for the 2019 Basketball World Cup and Japan landed a tough bracket E with the United States, Czech Republic, and Turkey.  For some reason that I haven't been able to determine, the World Cup was delayed from 2018 to 2019, but it is still being held in China.  Last year, BBM issued the Rising Sun set to highlight the men's and women's National Team called the "Akatsuki Five".  This is a 28-card base set with one special insert card per box.  All boxes have the same 28 base cards broken out among 14 women and 14 men, but have a random special insert card included which is either an autograph or memorabilia card.  Overall, a simple and decent set.  Here are the scans as well as a video I did for my YouTube channel.





 
 

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm... don't think I've ever heard of a basketball World Cup. That'll be interesting to watch. I hope Japan doesn't get blown out by the US. The cards are pretty plain... but would be great for getting signed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it is pretty popular overseas more than in the US. I do hope they do well, but the US will be a tough team to beat for sure!

      Delete