Saturday, July 20, 2019

Japanese Baseball Gurus - Who is this?

My fascination with 1960s Japanese yukata cloth bolts continues.  The ones that I collect have bromide photographs attached to the packaging to show the famous person or star wearing the exact pattern as the actual cloth.  They are pretty cool and so far I've managed to gather about 15 or so of them from the 1960s.  For some unknown reason, they were only produced in the 1960s.

I recently picked this one up and was wondering if any of the Japanese Baseball gurus could tell me who it is.  He is from the Yomiuri Giants...that is about all I can tell at the moment.




6 comments:

  1. Can't help ya with your question... but I will say that this is an awesome piece of baseball memorabilia. Hope someone responds with the answer. I'd love to hear about who this gentleman is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...these yukata bolts are pretty amazing for sure!

      Delete
  2. Interesting!

    I'm not sure about the player. I don't recognize his face right away and his signature is completely illegible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, this one is a tough one to figure out for sure. Thanks for any info!

      Delete
  3. presumably he is kuroe yukinobu.
    黒江透修

    ReplyDelete