Saturday, March 14, 2020

We Have a Majority - 2008 Bowman Chrome Red Refractors #/5

I have been collecting Brandon Laird (now playing in Japan for the Chiba Lotte Marines) cards for a while now and became interested in Brandon's career for two reasons: 1) I worked with his mom in CA several years ago so would get to hear about his adventures in Japan, and 2) I collect some Japanese sports cards and it was a natural fit.  I've been trying to track down all his U.S. cards and parallels from 2008 to present.  I haven't dove too deeply into his Japanese cards since those tend to be a bit more expensive, but I do monitor auctions for cards from his U.S. playing days.  Recently, I was able to add the third #ed to 5 2008 Bowman Chrome Red Refractor meaning I now own a majority of the 5 that were printed.  Not sure I will be able to add the final two, but would be cool to have all 5 in possession at some point in my life.  Anyone else ever have a majority of refractor parallels of any players?


6 comments:

  1. Congratulations bud! Best of luck on landing the other two. Have they ever popped up on eBay? As for your question... I don't think I've ever owned the majority. Don't think that scenario will pop up for me... unless I purchase a collection or something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, these all have popped up on eBay. Will be interesting to see if the other ones ever pop up.

      Delete
  2. I have been hoarding particular cards that I like, but none of them are low numbered like these. I really like seeing people doing things like this though, and wish you all the best in trying to acquire the other two!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I never thought I would find chasing parallels fun, but it is a challenge and that makes it fun.

      Delete
  3. Fairly certain you beat me in an auction for at least one of those

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh bummer....I wonder if 3/5 and 5/5 will ever see the light of day?

      Delete