Monday, October 19, 2020

The Dirty 5 - Airport Trading Cards Update

For those of you who are collecting the 2014-2020 Airport Trading Cards, I hope you have good luck on the last five cards needed to complete the 156-card master set....I've dubbed them the "Dirty 5".  Several fellow collectors and I just can't seem to find these last five cards.  Rumors are abound that the cards exist, there are images of them on the internet, but no one seems to have any and they don't pop up for auction.....or hardly at all.  And 4 of the 5 cards are from large, well-traveled airports which makes it that much more odd on why they are so hard to find.  Here are the "Dirty 5":

2014 ATL-001 Hartsford-Jackson Atlanta International Airport

2018 ATL-003 Hartsford-Jackson Atlanta International Airport

2018 LAS-001 McCarran Las Vegas International Airport

2014 SJC-001 Mineta San Jose International Airport

2014 YLW-001 Kelowna (Canada) International Airport


If anyone out there has any of these 5 and is willing to part with them, let me know.  I will make it worth your while, promise.

I was able to whittle away at the 156-card master checklist this past weekend picking up these 7 beauties and knocking down one from the tough 2014-series, MKE.  COVID has made a lot of the airports rethink if they would issue a 2020 series which has allowed me to catch up a bit instead of new cards again flooding the market.  Usually at the annual conference of the Airports Council International - North America (ACI-NA) the new series of cards are revealed as "new" airports hop on board this fun collectible program to help promote their airports...or the "old" airports reveal the next card they will produce.  However, this year the conference was cancelled and I have not heard a peep if 2020 will up the 156-card master checklist again.  Oh well, this has been an awesome set to chase.



Anyone else out there collecting these?

6 comments:

  1. I remember asking people about the San Jose one and if I remember correctly... nobody knew what I was talking about. I like the fact that these exist. If I travelled a lot, I'd try and get as many as I could. As for the ones sitting in my collection... all of them have been generously donated by you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember we tried to find some, but the city of San Jose has been hoarding these cards. They must not have made too many of them. Maybe one will pop up at a card show when we go again.

      Delete
  2. Haven't even heard of these, much less collect them. But they're great-looking cards! (MSP is my favorite.) If I somehow come across any of the "Dirty 5", you'll be the first to know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of them are great shots of the airports. A neat idea and thanks for looking out for me with the Dirty 5. I'll make it worth your time if you find any of them.

      Delete
  3. I need the MSN 001/2014 Foil border card. Does anyone have an extra?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't heard of one with foil borders before on the 001/2014.

      Delete