Wednesday, February 20, 2019

New YouTube Channel - SumoMenkoMan

One of my 2019 goals was to expand the sumo wrestling card reach to YouTube by starting a BBM box opening channel.  There are several channels out there already, but I wanted to bring an English-language perspective to opening BBM cards and boxes.  Plus, my son wanted some practice and experience with editing videos so he was some extra motivation to give it a go.  Since there are only a few sumo wrestling sets released every year, the channel will focus on Japanese BBM cards in general (Pro Wrestling, Basketball, multi-sport, etc...)  Maybe a few boxes of baseball, but since there are some great Japanese baseball card resources out there already, I'm not sure it'll be much value added.  I appreciate the support and I am always open to constructive feedback or any advice.  Thanks for tuning it!


15 comments:

  1. Best of luck! I subscribed to you, I am ElCaminoBilly on there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think you'll enjoy the basketball break that is coming up this weekend!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks! Hopefully I'll have some fun content in here for you!

      Delete
  3. Great review! Like last year, I love the backgrounds on these cards. Solid design. Lots of great cards including the "salt" and "baseball toss" cards. I noticed a lot of doubles... were you able to complete a full 89 card set from this box?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was 15 cards short which is what most people are after opening a box. 16 short of they land an auto. Thanks for subscribing!

      Delete
  4. That's so cool! I'll definitely subscribe. Maybe we can do a joint video project in the future?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I’m on board with the joint project. Sounds fun, let’s make it happen!

      Delete
    2. Will do! Once I get a channel up and running, we'll put something together.

      Delete
  5. Looks good (and your son did a good job with editing the intro graphic there!)

    My only advice is: why limit yourself to BBM box breaks? You have a ton of knowledge about sumo cards (particularly older ones) which would be great material for discussion in videos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sean, thanks I'll let him know. He actually is eager to get started on the next project so we are going to be working on BBM's Fast Break 2018-2019 1st Half today. Hopefully post it over the weekend. Good point on the other material. I have some ideas for some of the older boxes I own.

      Delete
    2. Cool, I'm subscribed and will watch for more videos!!

      Delete
  6. The videos have been awesome! You and your son do a great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tony. Wes is having fun doing the editing, and I get to talk a little bit about the cards I love!

      Delete