Saturday, February 20, 2021

Thanks Matt @ Run-Fore!-Kellogg's 1977 Sumo Sportscasters

A huge thanks to Matt over at the Run-Fore!-Kellogg's Baseball Cards and Run-Fore!-Sportscaster Cards.  He sent me out of the blue two extremely rare and hard-to-find 1977 Sumo Sportscaster Cards: the German-language and Italian-language cards.  These are so cool and I never thought I would own one of them given how hard these "obscure" language ones are to find.  I am amazed at the language variety of these cards and how far reaching these were collected around the world. The sumo cards checklist is now at 9 (see below) with the ones in bold the ones I have in my collection.

Thanks again Matt and much appreciated!


03-08 Printed in Italy - Blank Series (English Language)
03-08 Printed in Italy - A Series (English Language)
03-08 Printed in Italy - B Series (English Language)
03-08 Printed in Italy (German Language)
03-08 Printed in Japan (English Language)
03-56 Printed in Belgium (Dutch Language)
03-56 Printed in Italy (French Language)
03-56 Printed in Finland (Finnish Language)
833-12 Printed in Italy (Italian Language)




6 comments:

  1. I can't recall the exact name, but these remember some older Leaf cards in terms of the design. Not very helpful, but I know I've seen them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you ever run across them, let me know. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Those two could be the hardest. Amazing that these were printed almost all around the Western world.

      Delete
  3. Two more to complete the rainbow!

    ReplyDelete