Saturday, June 26, 2021

Hulk Hogan - 1983 Pony Cassette Card - New Find!

There are still a lot of unique Japanese sports cards to be found as a lot of them are still unchecklisted and quite rare.  Once such card is this new card find of Hulk Hogan from 1983.  It is a card that came in a cassette case for what appears to be entrance music for the Hulkster, or Ichiban, as he was known in Japan when he first debuted.  It's about the size of a regular trading card and blank backed.  Now all I need is a Walkman to listen!








I hope everyone has a great weekend and sayonara!

8 comments:

  1. Fantastic card. Not sure I've ever heard of cards coming with cassette tapes before seeing this post. Gotta imagine this is a hot commodity among Hogan fans since it's one of his earliest trading cards.

    By the way, here's a very detailed website that provides his matches in Japan from 1980 to 1983:

    https://hulkhoganhistory.weebly.com/1977-1983.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool, thanks for the link...will check it out. He has a few earlier, but this one is definitely one of the rarest ones, no doubt.

      Delete
  2. I think I'd like to have the cassette more than the card. And where'd you find this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely need a tape player now...I came across it while browsing Japanese auction sites....oh the stuff you can dig up!

      Delete
  3. Neat, cool find! I gotta start checking old cassette tapes I find for cards now!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?!! I bet there are more of these cassette cards out there! I wonder if Book Off or Donki have them.

      Delete
  4. This is such a great discovery. I didn't know Hogan did so much wrestling in Japan. That's cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was very popular from about 1981 over there. Actually there are a decent amount of cards of Japanese cards of him from this time.

      Delete