Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Two steps forward, one step back - Airport Trading Card Update

Two months ago, I was 10 cards short of completing the Airport Trading Card Master Set.  Over the course of the two months, my collection grew by 10 cards.....but the Master Set also grew by 10 cards....son of a biscuit.  So now there are 82 cards in the Master Set and I am at 72....still 10 cards away.  Oh well, this set has been really fun to chase down.  There are several airports that are going to be next to impossible to find cards for, and if they ever pop up on eBay I can see a bidding war commencing.  Here are some of the latest acquisitions to my collection:

 I have never been through RDU, but they were kind enough to send me a free card.  Thanks RDU!!!


Our neighbors to the North in Ottawa are awesome.  They sent me the entire run of the YOW cards.  Thanks YOW!!!


I can't even imagine trying to hit up these three airports without living in the area.  The nice folks at MAC sent me cards of the airports they manage.  Thanks a million!!

From the southern state of Texas comes this ELP card.  Thanks so much ELP!!!!


Thanks for stopping by and I hope others are knocking out some of the hard airports.

4 comments:

  1. I'd be curious to know which airports fall into that "near impossible to find" category.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MKE in Wisconsin, SLC at San Jose, and YLW in British Columbia. LAX is also hard to come by.

      Delete
  2. Take that Topps! This Living Set is 10x cooler.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. The website is rarely updated, but more and more airports are constantly added. LAX is recent with no mention of it on the website. As far as I know, this blog is the only place with a complete master checklist.

      Delete