Thursday, January 24, 2019

A ton of Airport Trading Cards!

Airport Trading Cards are getting harder and harder to find and eBay has been the only venue I've discovered out there for purchasing.  I suppose I could scour the Twitterverse and Instagram realm, but I don't have accounts and am not interested in getting accounts anytime soon.  But one of my collecting buddies was able to hook me up with 23 cards recently and with another 2 I grabbed off of eBay, I am back down to needing only 20 more for the complete master set which I have pegged at 122 cards.  Billy Kingsley, I might have to ping you to see if you can help me update the checklist on TCDB so I can start adding images.  The even better news is that I can now cross off #12 on my 2019 collecting goals!

Here are the 25 that I was able to pick up in no particular order.  Any of these airports look familiar to anyone?  The YOW airport cards come in both a French and English version!





6 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Glad to see you're making progress on this master set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could see where these would be hard to find. I had no clue they were a thing lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. They are tough unless you travel a lot, get lucky, or know an airline pilot. I don’t know how big a thing they really are....has a small following it seems.

      Delete
  3. Never having seen these, I searched: https://airportscouncil.org/airport-trading-cards/#2018 This is all I came up with. I wonder how many years this has been a thing - and if my OKC Will Rogers Airport ever had a card. That would be one I'd chase. Very unique collection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have been doing this since 2014 with select airports, but have really expanded in recent years. I'm hoping OKC will have some cards soon!

      Delete