Saturday, January 18, 2020

2002-2004 Radio Shack Zip Zaps Trading Cards

I've been working on this nearly impossible Radio Shack Zip Zaps trading card set for sometime now.  Back between 2002-2005, Radio Shack sold the Zip Zaps RC car starter kits for $19.99 that included one chassis, one rear axle, stock gears, stock motor, 4 custom hubcaps, stock tires, a body top, the remote, a small screwdriver and one collectible trading card.  There were close to a 100 different cars that were sold during this time in these starter kits and additional body kit packages and consequently there are close to 100 trading cards to collect(exact checklist is unknown, but this is what I have been able to checklist so far on TCDB).  Just recently I was able to add six new cards to my collection as well as the tough-to-find card binder that was sold separately to store these trading cards.  These cards rarely show up and if they do, they are frequently bundled with the starter kits which are still quite expensive on the secondary market for close to $50 these days.

Did anyone else play with these 15-17 years ago?





10 comments:

  1. Gotta say when I first saw the title of your post I thought you'd gotten another package from Kenny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, good point. It would have been a good zapping as well..

      Delete
    2. I have almost a book full of these. Any info on them would be appreciated

      Delete
  2. Never seen these before, but I clicked on your TCDB link and noticed that they made a AE85 Corolla. Time to track one down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They did, it is from the Initial D anime series. I’m up for the challenge so I guess I’ll keep clicking away at this set.

      Delete
  3. I have a couple of cards to add pictures to

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have 6 zip zaps car cards nobody knows about them

      Delete
  4. Here is some updated info for you...

    There are 111 bodies for the ZipZaps which includes 4 from "The Wild Thornberrys" set and 2 from the "Spongebob Squarepants" set. However these 6 did NOT have trading cards. That makes 105 trading cards for the corresponding bodies. Now, add the 4 character cards that came in the X-MEN chrome Mazda RX-8 kit and there is a total of 109 trading cards for the complete ZZ set. If I can answer any questions for you about ZZs, let me know. (I have the complete set.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please share the complete ZZ checklist with me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. To any one who knows about radio shack zip zaps car cards let me know i have 6 of them for years

    ReplyDelete