Saturday, February 29, 2020

Fuji for President!

Fuji is the ever-generous gifter throughout the sports card blogging community.  He recently shot out 33 care packages and I was on the fortunate receiving end of one of them.  Like the other 32 recipients of these postal gold mines, I am deeply honored and very surprised with how well Fuji creates these.  He knows everyone's tastes and collecting passions.  Fuji doesn't collect sumo wrestling cards, but this package nailed a bunch of awesome cards for my other collections.  Let me dive in a bit more:

2018 Stranger Things Season 1 Commemorative Patchs Tommy H and Officer Powell.  These came one per blaster box and Fuji sent them my way to fill in some holes.  I am slowly working on this 24-card insert set. 

1975 Phoenix Giants Michael Cramer and 1969 Topps Man on the Moon #48B Space Food!  Michael Cramer was an amazing part of our hobby since the 1970s and started the Pacific Trading Card Company.  He is also an NFL photographer and an all around legend in the hobby.  Rich Klein did an excellent article about him back in 2013.  The Man on the Moon set is one that I would love to complete as I am a space nut!  But thanks to Fuji, I am one less card away!

A pile of 1980s to modern Nolan Ryan cards!  As a kid I collected Nolan Ryan like tens of thousands of other kids and adults.  The 1994 baseball strike, college, and companies producing too many cards to enjoyably collect and drove me out of the hobby back then, but I recently pulled out my Nolan Ryan collection again and want to fill in some holes.  Fuji loaded me up with enough goodness to keep me busy for a while!

California Lottery Scratchers.  Last time we met, Fuji and I gambled a bit of our card show money away on CA Scratchers....he is keeping the tradition alive between us for a bit longer.  I am going to slow roll these over the course of a week or so, but the few that I have scratched haven't led me down a path to retirement yet.

Fuji, I can't thank you enough!!  Fuji for President!

11 comments:

  1. Nice care package. Great idea on the scratch-offs too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely a great care package. Fuji did an excellent job!

      Delete
  2. It's hard to buy you sumo cards, since you're the sumo card guru... so hopefully you'll win some money on these scratch-offs that way you can turn around and buy a special sumo card for your collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As for being president... that's a big "heck no". I've never wanted that kind of responsibility. Lol. I already have 300 middle schoolers and 60 5th graders that need my attention each school year ;) They're more than enough responsiblity.

      Delete
    2. So far I won one free $1 ticket! I'll keep you posted on any further winnings....yeah, being president sounds like a lot of work and stress.

      Delete
  3. Finally... a candidate worth voting for! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, wow, nice lot!

    I believe he has also sent one to me, so I am anxiously looking at the mail :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely. I have no doubt you will get hooked up as well.

      Delete
  5. I am not really into non-sports cards, but I have really thought about dabbling in The Stranger Things cards. It's one of my favorite television series, and love the way that the cards have the same nostalgic feel as the shows. Great baseball cards too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favorite show as well. I think Topps did a great job with the sets. Very nostalgic.

      Delete