Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Thanks @ A Penny Sleeve for your Thoughts! - Free Isiah Thomas Card

 A little over a week ago, Jon over at A Penny Sleeve for your Thoughts ran a Free Stuff Friday: Anniversary Edition.  This was to celebrate his 5th Blogaversary.  I have not participated in his Free Stuff Fridays before, but saw an awesome 87-88 Fleer Isiah Thomas card that I could not pass up.  Late 1980s basketball cards definitely appeal to me and this was an excellent hook up.  Last week I just finished watching "The Last Dance" and the rivalry that Isiah and Jordan had was intense....two large egos, both skilled, and both destined for the Hall of Fame....I knew I needed this card.  It looks awesome in hand and I can't thank you enough Jon!  Good luck on the next 5 years with your blog!





4 comments:

  1. It's funny, MJ and Zeke are both pricks (pardon my French), but Jordan's people produced the doc, so most people are now only going to remember one side of the story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice card... and very generous of Jon to offer this card up as a freebie. I wasn't the biggest fan of Isiah and the Bad Boys of Detroit... but the guy could play. And I've always liked the 1987-88 Fleer basketball card design.

    ReplyDelete