Sunday, December 20, 2020

Thanks @ Run-Fore!-Kelloggs - 1977 Sumo Wrestling Sportscaster Cards

Much thanks is owed to Matt over at the Run-Fore!-Kelloggs Blog.  He sent me a care package with 5 Sumo Wrestling Sportscaster cards for my collection and I was able to knock two off my want list.  I don't have an accurate checklist of how many different ones they made of the Sumo, but right now I have 4 of the 7 that I know of.  Matt sent me an extremely cool one from Belgium as well!  Thanks so much Matt and totally unexpected, but much appreciated.  Here it the checklist and two of the cards Matt sent!

03-08 Printed in Japan (English Language)
03-08 Printed in Italy - Blank Series (English Language)
03-08 Printed in Italy - A Series (English Language)
03-08 Printed in Italy - B Series (English Language)
03-56 Printed in Belgium (Dutch Language)
03-56 Printed in Italy (French Language)
03-56 Printed in Finland (Finnish Language)




6 comments:

  1. These are so awesome! I just commented on someone's blog about how I always wanted a Sportscaster subscription as a kid, but never received it. Best of luck trying to track down the final 3 (or more if you discover more variations).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, looking back, a subscription would have been pretty epic! Will have fun tracking the rest down.

      Delete
  2. I always appreciate a good, educational trading card. Interesting how one of the cards shows an illustration of Greco-Roman wrestling on the top right, while the other shows an illustration of a form of martial arts. Regardless, excellent pick-ups for your collection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are pretty neat for sure! Can’t wait to grab the rest!

      Delete
  3. All of the sumo Sportscasters have the same front photo--just text/language variations?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do have the same main photo. The wrestling technique in the upper right hand corner appears to be different. The backs are are also different depending on where they were printed.

      Delete