Thursday, November 1, 2018

1960s Japanese Fabric Beauty

Recently, I've been obsessed with collecting bolts of Japanese yukata and kimono material from the 1960s that have bromides attached to them.  These bromides, usually of famous people, show the cloth being worn by the person to give an idea of what it would look like.  I have quite a few now and need to start cataloguing them.  I picked this "beauty" up off of eBay a few weeks ago....unfortunately, there is no name on the bromide so I don't know which celebrity this is.  Nonetheless, the cloth is made from indigo dye (which all that I have found are) and is a beautiful geometric pattern that fades to different sizes with flowers added in.  The manufacturer placed a sticker with the number "82"...probably to indicate the style. 

Simply beautiful!



4 comments:

  1. This is a very beautiful pattern. My grandmother was a seamstress... and I feel like she would have loved collecting these back in the day. She had an entire room dedicated to different cloth patterns (many of which were the kind found on kimonos).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very cool about your grandmother. I love the look of the fabric and the added collectibility with the bromides makes it a sure collectible in my book.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. The patterns are really something else. Very detailed and neat.

      Delete