Monday, November 19, 2018

I've been Zapped! Thanks Kenny at Torren' Up Cards!

Kenny over at Torren' Up Cards opened some packs of 2018 Topps Stranger Things and had a wishlist.  I opened up 3 Blaster Boxes of Topps Stranger Things and had doubles I needed to unload.  I offered to do a straight trade for the ones he needed for the one I needed...my double cards needed a good home and my doubles box was not it.  But Kenny took it upon himself to zap me and load me up with some goodness.

First up is the Will Byers sticker I needed.  For those that have not see the Netflix series....go watch it....you wont be disappointed.


Next up is a sweet auto (#3/5) of Hiroshi Gondo who played for the Chunichi Dragons (and won Rookie of the Year I might add) in the 1960s and was a manager off and on after that up until 2012.  Thanks!!



Beau Burrows was the Tigers' First Round pick in the 2015 draft and is currently developing in the minors.
 

 
Raz did a write up on his haul of Sega Card Gen cards, but these are the first ones I have ever owned.  For those that don't know, these cards are used to play an arcade game in Japan.  I've linked a YouTube video of it here.  Pretty cool, and thanks for hooking me up with this 2011 Sega Card Gen of Matt Belisle now currently with the Twins.

 

Another video arcade card...this time of Masahiro Tanaka.  This game is called Baseball Heroes from Konami and the cards were printed in 2011.  If I was rich, I'd have these arcade games in my basement and I'd invite all my friends over to play.


This is my first ever Calbee Card....This is a 2016 card of Shogo Akiyama celebrating his new record of 215 hits in the 2015 season.
 

Gotta love me some BBM Baseball.  This 2016 BBM is from the 2nd Version and of player Daiki Tomei.  He is still pitching, but didn't do too hot last season.


Time for some color....this is the 2014 Bowman Platinum Chrome Purple Refractor of Jesse Biddle. Jesse is now with the Braves.


Another auto!  This one of Jake Sweaney (Did I mention his birthday happens to be today...at least the day I wrote this??).  Jake isn't playing at the moment it looks like, but I love these on-card autos.


Some more acrade game cards...this time of Sega WCCF International Clubs Soccer.  I don't recognize any of the names, but you can see how the game is played here.  Again, these video games that incorporate the card collecting aspect are legit in my book!


Lastly are some nice looking ladies on cards....Mayuko Iwasa and Nanami Kawakami.


 
Thanks again Kenny and I am hoping we can do a trade at some point again in the future!

6 comments:

  1. Wow. Three blasters didn't produce a complete set? If I get any doubles you need... I'll definitely send them your way.

    P.S. Mayuko Iwasa is a jewel! Kenny always sends cards that are easy on the eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crazy that. I couldn’t build a complete set. I have a retail box I plan on opening soon so should have a bunch more doubles too.

      Delete
  2. Little Known Fact: That YouTube video was actually taken, edited and uploaded by me many moons ago on an old account I've long since forgotten the password to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome!! Those games might actually be successful over in the US if marketed correctly.

      Delete
  3. Really cool cards. Never heard of cards for arcade games but it sounds like a cool deal. Always great seeing card sets for the first time. All good stuff and lovely ladies are always appreciated. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the Japanese Card market is untapped over in the US for sure. I definitely think they would be successful in other markets too.

      Delete