Thursday, January 14, 2021

2003 X2: X-Men United Marvel Comics Holographic Cards!

Most of you might boo me off the stage, but I am not a big fan of movies made off of comic books.  I never grew up reading comic books so never related to the characters in the movies.  However, I am a huge fan of Radio Shack's ZipZaps RC cars and holographic cards.  So I jumped on the chance to grab these 4 cards that came with the limited edition car body to promote the 2003 X2: X-Men United movie and they are stunners!  There is Cyclops, Mystique, Storm, and Wolverine in the set and each is a little smaller than a standard size trading card.  I certainly wish I could do a better job at photographing these and my scanner does not do them any justice.  Maybe I was setting myself up for failure as I did not receive the best results by removing the clear film from the face of the cards.









Thanks for stopping by and sayonara!

4 comments:

  1. Nice holograms. I won't boo... but I do love me some Marvel movies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are a few exceptions, but films adapted from comic books usually aren't my favorites either, and I say this as someone who did grow up reading comics. Poor casting and terrible CGI are what usually turn me off from them. On the flip side though, animated comic book movies are usually top notch, especially the ones released by DC, they rarely put out a bad one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I love animated movies for some reason versus the live-action rendition.

      Delete