Tuesday, October 23, 2018

2018 Irish "Who Am I" Soccer Card Game

A recent trip to Ireland led me to the local book shop in search of magazines with unique or odd card inserts included as gifts.  For those that have visited Europe, you'll instantly recognize what I am referring to when you visit an book store or convenience store.  Dozens of different magazines with extra prizes attached to them to try and attract kids.  Some are toys like plastic whistles, small trinkets, or stickers.  Others have cards included like the magazine Kick!...an Irish publication.  My Kick! copy included stickers, a key chain, a photo magnet, a sample pack of Pokémon cards, and the Who Am I card game with 24 cards of the world's famous soccer stars.  If you followed the World Cup this past summer you'll recognize names like Ronaldo, Messi, Kane, Rooney, Neymar, and Mbappe.  Cool stuff!  The game is played by splitting the deck in half and reading a card to your opponent.  If he or she can guess the name of the player from just the top clue, they get 10 points.  If they need two clues to guess the name they only get 5 points.  If it takes all three clues to guess the name they only get 1 point.  You take turns until all the deck is used up and the highest total wins.  I can't imagine you play this more than once, but a pretty cool oddball set nonetheless.

Here are the goodies I got as freebies.


Here are the cards.  Not bad quality for freebies.


I for one want to win some the "sick prizes"

Well, there you have it.  A little international flavor for your Tuesday.

2 comments:

  1. That Who Am I? card game is pretty cool. Might try to turn that into a project for my class.

    ReplyDelete