Wednesday, October 17, 2018

2018 Japanese BBM Akatsuki Five Basketball Set

I am not a huge basketball fan, but I love collecting the Japanese BBM B.League sets.  For those that are tracking, BBM has released 3 sets so far of Japan's B.League basketball: 2016-2017 1st/2nd Half, 2017 High Five, and 2017-2018 1st/2nd Half.  In keeping with their "tradition" of releasing an annual boxed set, BBM plans on releasing the 2018 Akatsuki Five Set in early November.  Akatsuki means “Dawn or Rising Sun” in English and alludes to the fact that these are young players with bright futures.  This set captures the Japanese men's and women's World Cup Asian teams that will compete in the 2019 World Cup.  While not a true B.League set, many of the World Cup players do play for B.League teams. Here are the details from what I am able to gather:

- The entire 29-card set will be included in the boxed set
- 29 cards in the base set with 1 special insert card per box
- Special Inserts consist of 25 different #ed autos and 6 different #ed memorabilia cards
- 4000 yen per set
- Limited to 2200 sets

Below images are courtesy of BBM's website.






I've staked my claim to three boxes.  How about anyone else?

2 comments:

  1. Don't have any plans on buying any... but I'm gonna enjoy seeing what you pull.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m excited to see the final product. Will post the set when I get it.

      Delete